Mr. Griffis leads a team of experienced transactional attorneys who have completed numerous engagements throughout North America and Europe. He has over three decades of experience representing clients in a variety of industries and in a wide range of transactions.
- Serves as General Counsel for domestic and international companies having operations in the U.S.
- Western Hemisphere—Outside Counsel for one of the world’s largest bulk liquid terminal companies. Participated in negotiating, financing and documenting numerous terminal transactions in U.S., Mexico and Europe.
- Participated in the structuring, negotiating, financing and documenting a variety of corporate joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Represents high net worth individuals throughout the U.S. in connection with investments in office buildings, shopping centers, mini-warehouses and multi-family residential projects
- Represents buyers in the structuring, negotiating, documenting, financing and closing the purchase and sale of off-shore oil and gas properties.
- Negotiated and closed numerous transactions involving the acquisition and disposition of shares and/or assets of operating businesses in the petrochemical, refining and storage industries
- Represents developers in connection with the purchase, construction, financing and disposition of a variety of commercial real estate projects
- Participated as U.S. counsel in the restructuring and recapitalization of a major international engineering company
- Represents buyers and sellers of ranch and timber lands in Texas and in South Louisiana
- Houston Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- University of Texas at Austin, J.D., with honors, 1974 Phi Delta Phi; Order of the Coif
- University of Texas at Austin, B.S.E.E., Tau Beta Pi; Omega Chi Epsilon, 1968
BAR & COURT ADMISSIONS
- Texas, 1974