Alec Bayer Covey practices fiduciary litigation, probate and trust litigation, estate and probate administration, guardianship and related appellate work.
Alec enjoys working as a legal advocate and counselor for clients during challenging times in their lives. She focuses her practice on representing beneficiaries as well as executors, administrators, trustees, and guardians in the litigation of various fiduciary claims, probate administration, trust administration, and guardianships. She focuses on effectively and efficiently assisting clients to resolve imminent issues in accordance with the rigorous legal timelines determined by the law. Furthermore, she is skilled in understanding, managing and resolving the complexities of familial relationships in the midst of conflict.
- Attorneys in Tax and Probate
- Houston Bar Association, Elder Law Committee, member
- Houston Bar Association, Probate, Trusts and Estates Section, member
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, member
- Disabilities & Elder Law Attorneys, member
- Certified Mediator in the State of Texas
Publications & Presentations
- Divorce and Annulment in the Elderly, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Orlando, 2010
- Landmines for Lawyers, speaker, Wills and Probate Institute, 2009
- Getting to Victory: Winning Techniques in Fiduciary Litigation, Fiduciary Litigation Trial, Fredericksburg, 2009
- Looking Beyond the Easy Fix and Delving Into the Roots of the Real Medical Malpractice Crisis, author, Houston Journal of Health Law & Policy, 2005