An attorney focused on estate planning, probate, trusts and guardianships, Chasity W. Cooper is passionate about providing clients peace of mind in knowing they have arranged their personal and financial affairs for their loved ones in the most efficient, cost-effective, and tax advantageous way possible.
Selected by peers for inclusion in the 2020 edition of The Best Lawyers in America (BL Rankings) in the area of Trusts and Estates, Chasity ensures her clients have a comprehensive estate plan disposing of your assets upon death and appointing someone to make medical and financial decisions for you when you no longer can. Her expertise also allows her to guide executors and trustees through the administration of estates and trusts while advising them of their fiduciary duties. She also represents beneficiaries and advocates for their rights to ensure their inheritance is protected.
After taking a Wills and Trust course in law school, Chasity knew that this area of law would allow her to meet and help a broad range of people because everyone needs an estate plan regardless of the size of one’s estate. Her experience practicing in both rural towns and large cities has allowed her to meet and help people from all walks of life.
When Chasity is not at the office, she spends her free time with her family, friends, and traveling.
- Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Leadership Academy, 2018-2019
- Houston Business & Estate Planning Council, 2017-present
- Texas Bar Association Tax Section and Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section, member, 2008-present
- Stevens Elementary Community Outreach Committee, 2018
- Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Reporter, editorial board member, 2014-2018
- Houston Bar Association, Probate, Trust & Estates Section, member, 2012-present
- American Bar Association, member, 2008-present
- Houston Trusts and Estates Club, 2012-present
- Houston Estate and Financial Forum, 2014-present
- Texas Tech Law Review, symposium editor
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers, BL Rankings, 2020
- Top Lawyers in Houston, H Texas Magazine, 2015-2017, 2019
- Top Lawyer, Houstonia Magazine, 2016, 2019
Publications & Presentations
- Guardianship Update, author and presenter, Probate Academy for County Judges and County Clerks, Corpus Christi, 2016
- Guardianship Update, author, REPTL Reporter, 2014-present
- Administration of Closely Held Business Interests in Estate and Guardianship Proceedings, co-author, 39th Annual Advanced Estate Planning and Probate Law Course, Dallas, 2015
- Guardianship Update, co-author, Estate Planning and Community Property Law Journal Seminar, Lubbock, 2014
- The New Estate Tax Law and its Impact on Estate Planning, Knights of Columbus Agency Meeting, Lubbock, 2011
- The Basics of Estate Planning – What Every Young Lawyer Needs to Know, Lubbock County Young Lawyers Association, Lubbock, 2011
- The Probate Process from Start to Finish, National Business Institute, Lubbock, 2010 -2011
- What You Should Know About the Uncertainty of the Estate Tax and Counseling Your Estate Planning Clients, Lubbock County Women Lawyers Association, 2010
- Essential Estate Planning, Catholic Foundation, Lubbock, 2010
- The Estate Tax and Carryover Basis, West Texas Women’s CPA Annual Seminar, Lubbock, 2010
- Estate Planning with Charitable Remainder Trusts, Knights of Columbus, Midland, 2010