Dave Polsinelli focuses his practice on commercial litigation at both the trial and appellate levels. He regularly handles disputes involving contracts, construction, oil & gas and real property. Dave has worked on several appeals and jury trials with successful results, including a favorable verdict in March during his first experience as the lead attorney in a jury trial. Most recently, Dave was chosen to be on the Texas Super Lawyers – Rising Stars 2019 List (Thomson Reuters).
Dave received his law degree from South Texas College of Law. While at South Texas College of Law, he competed in numerous moot court competitions around the country—winning a national championship, along with several brief writing and speaking awards. He also participated as an assistant instructor in the Langdell Scholar program, a Case Note Editor for the Corporate Counsel Review, and a Member of the South Texas Law Review.
After graduating from law school, Dave served as a Judicial Clerk for Justice John P. Devine of the Texas Supreme Court.
- Houston Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Texas Super Lawyers – Rising Star, Thomson Reuters, 2019
- Order of Barristers
- Order of Scribes
- Order of Lytae
- Dean’s Outstanding Advocate Award
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award (highest grade) in Torts I, Legal Research & Writing II, Insurance, and Secured Transactions
- 2012 National Criminal Procedure Moot Court Tournament: Champion, Best Respondent Brief, 5th Best Speaker
- 2013 National Labor & Employment Law Moot Court Competition: Finalist, Best Petitioner Brief
- 2013 National First Amendment Moot Court Competition: 2nd Best Speaker
Publications & Presentations
- Author: Untangling the Web: A More Guided Approach to Student Speech on the Internet, 54 S. TEX. L. REV. 779 (2013)
- Speaker/Author: SLAPP-Awareness: What you need to know to identify a potential Anti-SLAPP claim before it’s too late (2019)