When you need a litigator who handles probate, trust and guardianship disputes and negotiations, Rusty Umble is the attorney you need at your side. He handles all stages of litigation, including pre-litigation investigation, assessment of risks, filing lawsuits, discovery, taking depositions, mediation, alternative dispute resolution, and trial. Rusty is known for his collaborative approach to litigation and conflict resolution.
Rusty’s practice involves representing and counseling clients during probate and guardianship administration, prosecuting and defending clients involved in fiduciary claims, and clients involved in general commercial litigation. Prior to joining Crain Caton & James, he represented lenders, contractors, insurance companies and independent business owners in matters related to collections, real estate, construction defects, breach of contract claims, business formation issues, negligence, insurance coverage, and personal injury matters.
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Represented the Executor of a sizeable estate through multiple phases of litigation, including trial
- Represented beneficiaries contesting the admission of a will to probate
- Represented a large retail company against a minority interest member of the company
- Represented a Trustee against a beneficiary in a trust dispute
- Represented a shipping company against claims of damaged cargo
- Defended a general contractor against a Homeowners Association on luxury home construction
- Represented will beneficiaries against named Executor in a contested estate
- Defended an individual homeowner against a Homeowners Association assessments and penalties
- Represented a partner in a business dispute involving multi-million-dollar tax liens and assets
Publications & Presentations
- Co-Author of Error 404: Intent Not Found, Scrivener’s Error in the Age of Online Legal Aid, article presented at 17th Annual Fiduciary Litigation Conference for TexasBarCLE on November 30, 2022
- The Economic Loss Rule,A 400 Meter Hurdle Event, 2021