Jocelyn T. Slater represents clients in probate, guardianship, trust and fiduciary litigation, and business litigation. Jocelyn’s business experience taught her to maximize efficiency without sacrificing attention to detail. However, it was through her representation of grieving families that she learned the most important part of practicing law: empathy. Jocelyn found a passion in navigating her clients through the complexities existing in the Texas probate system, and advocating for their interests during their greatest time of need.
During her time at Texas A&M, she competed for the Texas A&M Women’s Swimming and Diving Team as a springboard diver and was a two time Big XII Team Champion. This competition taught Jocelyn the importance of preparation and seizing the moment whenever it arises. When clients work with Jocelyn, they recognize her aptitude and her ability to adapt to everchanging circumstances.
While at South Texas, Jocelyn was an active member of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Advocates—placing 8th as a team in the 2015 International Law School Mediation Tournament in London, England. She also served as a student editor for the Texas Construction Law Journal and served as the Managing Editor from 2014-2015.
- State of Texas, certified mediator
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Dean’s Honor List, South Texas College of Law
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award for Family Law
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award for Entertainment Law
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award for Real Estate Transactional
- CHAMPS Athletic Academic Award Recipient, 3 times, Texas A&M University
- International Law School Mediation Tournament competitor, 8th place team finish, 2015
Publications & Presentations
- Removable Improvements 101, 13-1 Construction Law Journal 42, 2016