Jolie S. Lenz provides legal counsel in the firm’s banking and financial services section. She has extensive experience representing banks and other financial services providers ranging from local community banks to national financial institutions and finance companies.
Jolie’s practice emphasis centers on helping clients resolve the legal minutia that can slow down and hamper a real estate transaction. Jolie works with banking institutions to dig into title, structure transactions in the most efficient way possible and stay ahead of the ever-evolving changes in banking law.
Jolie also has extensive experience in representing clients in a very broad range of general real estate matters, including residential, multifamily and commercial transactions. Finding solutions to the myriad of problems that can arise with commercial transactions is her area of proficiency.
Jolie has authored numerous articles on real estate topics and has made numerous presentations to financial institutions on a variety of topics from development loans to loan documentation.
- Represented financial institutions and financial services providers in all relevant areas, including the structuring and documentation of commercial loans and residential and commercial real estate loans, work outs and foreclosures, compliance and regulatory issues, and form creation, standardization and compliance
- Represented individuals and companies in general real estate transactions, including preparation and negotiation of leases, purchase and sale agreements and construction contracts, and review and cure of title and survey issues
- Represented utility districts and municipalities in general real estate transactions, including easement and site acquisitions and coordination of condemnations
- Represented municipal zoning boards of adjustment and planning and zoning commissions
- Sterling Bank Residential Lot Development Loans, technical advisor
Publications & Presentations
- What’s New in Texas Condemnations?, Public Law Report, 2012
- Miscellaneous Gross Receipts Tax: Are You Entitled to a Refund?, author, FACETS, 2010; Public Law Report, 2010
- Conveyance of Real Estate, author, FACETS, 2010
- Conveyance of Real Estate Part I: Fee Estates and Deeds, author, Public Law Report, 2010
- Conveyance of Real Estate Part II: Easements, author, Public Law Report, 2010