Jonathan Bickham is a shareholder in the firm’s Corporate, Business Transactions and Tax Department. He has nearly 35 years of experience working as a corporate lawyer in a wide range of U.S. domestic and international business transactions, of which 20 years were spent as a lawyer at large Houston law firms. Jonathan has extensive experience in acquisitions and divestitures and represents both buyers and sellers, primarily in the private company area. He has represented clients in the energy, manufacturing and hospitality industries, among others.
Jonathan’s practice also includes project development work, joint venture formation and business structuring. He has represented U.S and international clients in non-U.S. business transactions, primarily in South America and Mexico. Jonathan is a native Spanish speaker and is frequently called upon to use the Spanish language in his practice.
Jonathan has extensive experience in drafting and reviewing all types of agreements and contracts including: joint venture agreements, limited liability company agreements, limited partnership agreements, engineering and construction contracts, licensing agreements, operations and maintenance contracts, master services agreements, supply agreements, distributorship agreements, sales representative agreements, confidentiality agreements, letters of intent and term sheets, and employment contracts.
Jonathan speaks, reads and writes Spanish fluently.
- Represented a U.S. company in the negotiation of a Shareholders’ Agreement for a Dutch corporate joint venture to construct a terminal and storage facility in Mexico
- Represented the buyer in a $5.25 million acquisition of a barge and tank cleaning business
- Represented an oil products storage terminal company in the $35 million formation and capitalization of a joint venture company
- Represented a U.S. company in the negotiation and execution of an Option Agreement and an Asset Purchase Agreement for a $35+ million acquisition of a storage terminal located in California
- Represented a U.S. company in the $215 million acquisition of a bulk storage terminal company
- Represented a leading independent bulk storage terminal company in a Lease Agreement for a crude oil receipt, storage and distribution terminal in Texas and a Throughput and Deficiency and an Operating and Management Agreement pursuant to which the terminal company provided services to the landlord
- Represented a Mexican energy projects development company in the establishment of a $300 million limited partnership joint venture with a New York based U.S. investment firm
- Represented a U.K. energy company in the sale of its U.S. subsidiary to a U.S. energy services company
- Represented a U.S. electrical power company in the $430 million sale of its stake in a Brazilian electric utility company
- Represented a U.S. electrical power company in the $350 million sale of an Argentine electricity distribution company
- Represented a Mexican publicly traded company in the $136 million sale to another Mexican company of a 100% interest in an automotive parts casting company
- Represented a Mexican publicly traded company in the acquisition from its Norwegian partner of a 49.99% joint venture interest in an automotive parts casting company
- Represented a Mexican publicly traded company in the establishment of a $150 million joint venture company with a major U.S. manufacturer of heavy equipment to build, own and operate a manufacturing plant in Mexico
- Represented a Mexican company in the sale to a U.S. strategic buyer of a Mexican manufacturer of disposable tableware products
- Represented a Mexican publicly traded company in the $68 million acquisition of the water heater division of a major U.S. manufacturer
- Represented a restaurant company in a $36 million sale of a chain of restaurants to a venture capital company
- Represented a non-U.S. individual in the sale of shares in a U.S. bank
- Represented the seller in the sale of the assets of two national-chain fast-food restaurants
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association