Kathleen Tanner Beduze focuses her practice on fiduciary litigation, estate and probate administration, and guardianship proceedings. She represents trustees, administrators, guardians, and executors with administrative matters relating to their fiduciary roles. She also represents individuals in connection with will contests, contested guardianships, and the interpretation and modifications of trusts and estates.
Her need to help people and their caretakers arrange for a secure future began in college while pursuing a psychology degree with a concentration in neuroscience at Davidson College. Through her study of the human mind and the psychology that motivates people’s actions, Kathleen honed her skills to resolve conflicts and find answers to complicated problems, which often include emotional motivations.
Whether it is counseling clients through tough times, or times of progress and development, she is committed to helping her clients achieve their legal objectives. Kathleen’s desire to make a difference was the driving force behind her legal career after a summer clerkship at the 13th Court of Appeals and an internship for Federal Judge Janis Graham Jack in 2007.
Kathleen studied abroad in Spain and Costa Rica, and is fluent in written and spoken Spanish. Kathleen’s service and commitment to her clients earned her a Pro Bono Achievement Award.
An avid traveler, Kathleen has: caught green sea turtle eggs in Costa Rica; gone on safari in Tanzania, Kenya, and South Africa; trekked silverback gorillas in Rwanda; and received a pearl certification through the Gemological Institute of America after attending school in Hong Kong.
- American Bar Association, 2008-present
- Houston Bar Association, 2008-present
- Houston Bar Association: Probate, Trust and Estates Section, 2012-present
- Houston Trusts and Estates Club, 2013-present
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, 2008-present
- Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Reporter, 2012-present
- State Bar of Texas, Member, 2008-present
- Texas Bar Association, 2008-present
- Texas Bar Association: Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section, 2012-present
- Texas Young Lawyers Association, 2008-present
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America – Litigation – Trusts and Estates, BL Rankings, 2021
- Texas Super Lawyers – Rising Star, Thomson Reuters, 2016-2021
- Top Lawyers in Houston, H-Texas Magazine, 2016-2020
- Texas Outstanding Young Lawyers, Texas Monthly, 2016-2020
- Texas Top Women Attorneys-Texas Rising Stars, Texas Monthly, 2020
- Top Women Lawyers in Texas, Texas Monthly, 2019
- Top Lawyer, Houstonia Magazine, 2019
Publications & Presentations
- Real Estate, Probate, and Trust Law Guardianship Update, contributing author, 2018-present
- Fourth Edition of the State Bar of Texas’ Guardianship Manual, contributing author, 2019
- Ethical Terms of Engagement, Making Sure Your Client is the Right Client, Fort Worth Probate Bar Association, 2019
- Ethical Terms of Engagement, Making Sure Your Client is the Right Client, National Business Institute’s Probate Boot Camp, 2017
- Options for Seeking Interim Relief in Trust and Estate Litigation, co-author, State Bar of Texas 12th Annual Fiduciary Litigation Course, 2017
- Discovery in the Modern Era: Getting It In and Keeping It Out, Facebook and Social Networking, author, Advanced Estate Planning & Probate Course, 2014
- Navigating the Quagmire of Potential Claims Against Attorneys Involved in Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Matter, co-author, 2012