Peter Smart is a shareholder with the firm. In his practice, Peter typically represents small business owners, individuals, financial institutions, and mortgage companies. Peter is primarily involved with litigation on civil and commercial matters, both at the trial and appellate level. He is also involved with bankruptcy and creditor rights cases. Peter feels comfortable and confident in the courtroom.
A former football, basketball, and cross country coach, Peter enjoys competitive situations, which translates well in the courtroom. Additionally, he spent 15 years as a public school teacher before transitioning into the legal world, providing him with strong public speaking skills which is an asset when speaking to a judge and jury.
When Peter is not practicing law, he enjoys going for walks, lifting weights, and reading.
- Samuel and Shawn Calvillo, et al v. Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC, et al; 487 S.W.3d 626 (Tex. App. – El Paso 2015, petition pending)
- Wells Fargo Bank. N.A. v. Wolf, 444 S.W. 3d 685 (Tex. App. – Houston [14th Dist.] 2014, no pet.)
- McLane v. New Caney Oaks Apartments, 416 S.W. 3d 115 (Tex. App. – Beaumont 2013, no pet.)
- Howard Industries, Inc. v. Crown Cork & Seal Co., LLC, 403 S.W. 3d 347 (Tex. App. – [Houston 1st Dist.] 2013, no pet.)
- Martin v. New Century Mort. Co., et al; 377 S.W.3d 79 (Tex. App. – Houston [1st Dist.] 2012, no pet.)
- Johnston v. Oiltanking Houston, L.P., 367 S.W. 3d 412 (Tex. App. – Houston [14th Dist.] 2012, no pet.)
- Lazell v. Stone, 123 S.W. 3d 6 (Tex. App. – Houston [1st. Dist.] 2003, pet. denied)
- State v. Japage Partnership, 80 S.W.3d 618 (Tex. App. – Houston [1st Dist.] 2002, pet. denied)
- Houston Bar Association
- Taught in the public schools for 15 years
- Coached football and basketball
- Served as a board member of his community’s homeowners association for several years