With over 30 years of legal experience, Peter G. Nemeth has developed a broad-based transactional practice, with an emphasis on complex commercial transactions and finance, on both a state and national level. He has extensive experience representing individuals, public and private companies, financial institutions, and governmental agencies in a wide variety of transactional matters, primarily involving lending, energy and real estate.
Peter has represented investors (including foreign nationals), lenders and developers in all aspects of the acquisition, financing, development, management, leasing and sale of businesses, business assets, and real estate. He has also represented companies in the petrochemical industry in general commercial transactions, including negotiation of product purchase and sale agreements, supply contracts, energy purchase agreements, pipeline purchase and sale agreements, and land matters.
- General Counsel representation, including corporate and compliance matters and management of outside law firms
- Represented companies in the petrochemical industry in general commercial transactions, including negotiation of product purchase and sale agreements, supply contracts, energy purchase agreements, pipeline purchase and sale agreements, and land matters
- Represented investors (including foreign nationals), lenders and developers in all aspects of the acquisition, financing, development, management, leasing and sale of businesses, business assets and real estate
- Represented owners and tenants of retail and commercial properties (office buildings, warehouses and industrial facilities) in the negotiation and documentation of space leases
- Secretary and General Counsel of STP Nuclear Operating Company (2010-2016), the operator of a two unit nuclear powered electric generating station in Matagorda County, Texas known as the South Texas Project, which generates 7.5% of all electricity produced in the State of Texas
- Texas counsel to a multi-national petrochemical company in the sale of $2.1 billion in assets; responsible for the transfer of 3 petrochemical facilities, 51 pipelines covering over 105 miles and related assets.
- Interim General Counsel of Port Freeport (2021-2022), the 5th largest port in Texas and the 11th larges U.S. port in total foreign waterborne export tonnage handled.
- Represented a governmental entity in the negotiation and documentation of a series of long term ground leases for the development of a $20 billion liquefaction facility on the Texas gulf coast
- Lead counsel in the negotiation and documentation of a 10 year, $3.5 billion agreement for the purchase, sale and storage of natural gas liquids, including construction of a related pipeline
- Represented a privately held oil and gas company in a $150 million merger with a public utility
- National counsel to privately held $100 million fund providing specialized commercial loans to the funeral home industry
- Negotiated and documented supply contracts for over $144 million per year in natural gas
- Houston Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Texas Bar Foundation, fellow
Community & Civic
- City of Piney Point Village, mayor, 2010-2012
- City of Piney Point Village City Council, councilman, 2008-2010
- City of Piney Point Village Planning and Zoning Commission, commissioner, 2004-2008
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America, BL Rankings, 2024