When you need a litigator who handles probate, trust and guardianship disputes and negotiations, Chris Winiecki is the attorney you need on your team. He handles all stages of litigation, including pre-litigation, assessment of risks, filing lawsuits, discovery, taking depositions, and mediation and alternative dispute resolution. Chris is comfortable in the courtroom and has argued in front of State and Federal Courts across Texas. He works tirelessly to protect his clients’ interests throughout every stage of litigation.
Chris’ practice involves working with and counseling clients during probate administration, prosecuting and defending clients involved in fiduciary claims, and clients involved in general commercial litigation. He has defended and prosecuted first- and third-party insurance litigation, uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage cases, premise liability cases and personal injury matters.
At his prior firm, he was the chair of the wills, trusts, estate, and probate section of the firm. His experience in counseling clients in all aspects of their estate planning strengthens his ability to present the client’s position in the courtroom.
- Real Estate, Probate, & Trust Law Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Bar Associate Estate Planning and Probate Section
- Houston Young Lawyers Associate
- Member, State Bar College
- Houston Volunteer Lawyers Association
- Successfully represented casket delivery company in negligent hiring, supervision, and training case where employee was found to be intoxicated while on the job where multiple plaintiffs sought relief of over a million dollars resulting in a global settlement of under $100,000.
- Represented corporate trucking clients involved in accidents, both fatal and non-fatal, from almost immediately after an accident. This includes initial client contact to ensure that all documents are preserved in accordance with any preservation of evidence letters; organization and attendance of vehicle and scene inspections working with a variety of accident reconstructionist experts; investigation of the claimant and their involvement in the incident; providing initial liability and damage opinion to carrier; and representation after suit has been filed, if necessary.
- Represented insurance carrier in first party claim for breach of contract, unfair settlement practices, and breach of duty of good faith & fair dealing for failure to pay claim when it became reasonably clear that carrier had duty to make payment which resulted in negotiated settlement for about 10% of what plaintiff sought at trial.
- Represented insurance carrier’s interest against towing companies who were acting outside the requirements of the Texas Occupational Code which resulted in the insurance carrier not having to pay for storage or towing fees.