Established, financially strong law firm with 40+ lawyers in downtown Houston is seeking corporate/commercial transactions attorney to fill growing client demands.
Qualified candidates must have:
- At least 10 years (partners) of legal experience (law firm experience preferred) in the following areas:
- Forming and organizing business entities and joint ventures, including limited liability companies, limited partnerships, corporations, series LLCs and professional entities
- Experience drafting governing documents, buy-sell agreements, resolutions and other operating documents for business entities is essential
- Merging, converting, winding up and terminating business entities, including drafting of all required filing and internal documents, such as merger/conversion/termination plans
- Drafting and negotiating asset and entity purchases and sales for clients in various industries, including drafting of purchase agreements, financing agreements and related transaction documents
- Drafting and negotiating real estate investment and professional partnerships (including background in deal structure and tax matters) and real estate private placement/exempt offerings
- A wide range of corporate, M&A or commercial transactions, including strategic analysis, due diligence and negotiations
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of complex commercial contracts, including NDAs, MSAs, RE purchase agreements, leases, purchase agreements for products and services, and software license and services agreements
- Hands-on (lead counsel) experience in the areas listed above is essential
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Superior judgment and business acumen, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work independently
- Some portable business
Qualified candidates who are interested in learning more about this opportunity are encouraged to send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries will be held in strictest confidence.