At least 10 years of legal experience (law firm experience preferred) in the following areas:
- Drafting and negotiating asset and entity purchases and sales for clients in various industries, including drafting of purchase agreements, financing agreements and related transaction documents
- Drafting and negotiating real estate investment and professional partnerships (including background in deal structure and tax matters) and real estate private placement/exempt offerings
- A wide range of corporate, M&A or commercial transactions, including strategic analysis, due diligence and negotiations
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of complex commercial contracts, including NDAs, MSAs, RE purchase agreements, leases, purchase agreements for products and services, and software license and services agreements
- Merging, converting, winding up and terminating business entities, including drafting of all required filing and internal documents, such as plans of merger/conversion/termination.
- Forming and organizing of business entities and joint ventures, including limited liability companies, limited partnerships, corporations, series LLCs and professional entities. Experience drafting governing documents, buy-sell agreements, resolutions and other operating documents for business entities is essential.
Must be able to act as lead in areas above, be an excellent negotiator and problem solver, supervise and mentor less experienced attorneys, and possess excellent verbal and written skills.
Crain Caton & James is a Houston law firm with 40+ attorneys serving the community for over 100 years and which is continuing to grow. The compensation structure, combined with a seasoned and very talented management team, allows for higher income potential, more control over your professional life and less political gamesmanship than most traditional large law firms can offer.
Qualified candidates who are interested in learning more about this opportunity are encouraged to send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org All inquiries will be held in strictest confidence.