Crain Caton & James provides first-class service combining integrity and exceptional value to its clients. Comprised of experienced attorneys across a broad range of practice areas, the Firm provides legal counseling and client-focused solutions locally and around the world.
Founded in 1912 as Kennerly & Warnken, Crain Caton & James has grown into a stable law firm of over 40 lawyers and their highly-qualified support staff without a merger.
Our attorneys, are recognized for their contributions to the legal community, including: practice expertise, publication of standard legal texts, and presentations to both legal and lay audiences. Many of our attorneys are recipients of recognition awards from the state and local bar associations.
Today, our clients turn to us for legal counsel on:
- business transactions involving: land; commercial; industrial and residential real estate, and the development thereof; minerals in place; upstream, midstream and downstream energy assets, including liquefaction and export facilities; entity formation, capitalization and governance; tax planning; advice and compliance; merger, acquisition, consolidation and disposition of going concerns; and estate planning for transition of family-owned businesses;
- estate planning and marital property matters;
- probate, guardianship, and trust matters;
- conduct of those in fiduciary positions, such as business directors, trust administrators, guardians and executors, particularly in connection with claims of malfeasance;
- environmental law, compliance, investigation, remediation, and management of environmental risks;
- financial services, lending, compliance, and regulation of banks and other lending entities;
- bankruptcy and creditors’ rights;
- non-profit entity operations;
- intellectual property matters, including patent prosecution and litigation, registration and protection of trademarks, tradenames, proprietary information, trade secrets, and franchising; and
- litigation services, involving all of the practice areas, and including employer/employee relations, insurance coverage and claims, construction claims and disputes, hospital management, and risk management.