Our commercial litigators are not just litigators, they are trial lawyers. They know clients would rather conduct business or live their lives than litigate disputes. To serve a client’s best interests in litigation a lawyer must be able to try cases in any courtroom or arbitration setting. Because our trial lawyers can actually try cases, they are better able to shape litigation to serve the client’s ultimate business or personal goals.
The Firm’s commercial litigation practice includes the following areas:
- Corporate Securities/Corporate Governance
- Employment and Labor
- Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Real Estate
- Toxic Tort
The following is a small sample of our commercial litigation experience and successes:
- Representation of a client in family dispute that transitioned from a probate matter to a fiduciary corporate governance lease dispute.
- A Texas Supreme Court victory that provided our client insurance coverage and money damages.
- A defense verdict, affirmed on appeal, in favor of an energy client sued by a landowner for millions in damages.
- Numerous will contests tried successfully to juries.
- A defense verdict for a mortgage company client in a fraud case.
- Numerous commercial disputes in arbitration settings.
- A favorable settlement, including the recovery of significant money damages, for a client who was sued over a lease; embroiled in environmental claims brought by the plaintiffs and the State of Texas; and abandoned by its insurance company.
- Numerous fiduciary matters with and without tax issues.
- Our Firm staffs all cases—large and small—to benefit the client, not the Firm, and we do so using state of the art information technology.
We maintain an active litigation practice in courts and arbitration tribunals in Houston, Texas and throughout other cities and counties in Texas in all types of courts.