Corporate, Business Transactions and Tax
Whether you need help determining appropriate entities for use in your business ventures, financing and capitalization alternatives, or related tax consequences, Crain Caton & James provides extensive services with respect to a broad range of business transactions.
Our experienced corporate, business transactions and tax attorneys advise both small and large companies, including real estate concerns and venture capital organizations.
In addition, our corporate attorneys also represent corporations and other business clients in connection with:
- Private offerings of securities, licenses, franchises and distributorships
- Mergers, acquisitions and general business planning
- Shareholder and partnership agreements
- Employment agreements
- Executive compensation packages
Crain Caton & James’ attorneys advise clients on various types of business transactions including:
- Substantive law and tax issues encountered in the acquisition and sale of business ventures and business assets
- The reorganization of corporations and partnerships
- Problems confronting the nonresident investors conducting business in the United States
- These include problems encountered in connection with the purchase and sale of products and services, in relations with employees and customers and with governmental and regulatory agencies
Our experienced tax lawyers are qualified to counsel both corporate clients and individuals in the never-ending quest to minimize tax liability. We represent both individuals and entities in obtaining letter rulings from the IRS. Crain Caton & James offers our clients both the necessary multi-disciplinary depth in areas of corporate governances, securities, tax-law, real estate and employment law and the access beyond that of a mid-size firm environment.
Cross-border or multinational commercial transactions can be extremely complex and nuanced. Crain Caton & James provides the necessary experience and proficiency to navigate these types of transactions successfully.
Crain Caton & James’ international practice involves the structuring, documentation and implementation of a wide variety of cross-border or multinational commercial transactions including the representation of nonresident investors acquiring interests in U.S. entities and U.S. investors directing their funds into foreign operations.
Our international transactions attorneys are experienced in negotiating and documenting in-bound and out-bound investment transactions, when necessary, providing dispute resolution support relating to the enforcement of the transactions. We are accustomed to working with local counsel in non-U.S. jurisdictions and has cooperated with law firms in such diverse jurisdictions as the United Kingdom, Italy, France, Morocco, Mexico, Venezuela, Japan, Trinidad, Belize and Israel.
Jonathan T. Bickham
Jeffrey I. Horowitz
Peter G. Nemeth
A. Branton Kotch
Calla M. Sprague
Charles D. Maynard, Jr.
Robert R. Wisner
Caroline C. Pace