Texas knows energy, and so do we. For assistance with everything from exploration to regulation, turn to Crain Caton & James and our roster of experienced attorneys.
Our energy group handles a wide variety of matters pertaining to the oil and gas industry including exploration, production, storage, transportation and sale of oil and gas. We also handle environmental, regulatory, governance, real estate and employment matters arising in the oil and gas business, and in connection with the operation of both nuclear and conventional electric power generation facilities.
Our Texas energy attorneys represent both private landowners and energy companies in a variety of matters including:
- Negotiation of oil and gas leases
- Seismic agreements
- Pipeline easements
- Environmental clean-up
- Purchase and sale of oil and gas producing properties
- Representation of both producers and purchaser of gas in the preparation and interpretation of gas supply contracts
- Advising clients on rights and remedies for violations of oil and gas leases
- Counseling offshore owner/operators and service companies regarding indemnity matters
- Counseling and representing drillers, operators and owners on pipe failure, platform fire and refinery explosion accidents
- Negotiating and litigating royalty disputes and well blowout claims
- Counseling clients regarding right-of-way matters
- Counseling refiners on product contracts and pricing
- Counseling on insurance coverage matters
- Counseling regarding regulatory and operational issues pertaining to the operation of nuclear facilities generating electricity
- Representation and counseling of clients in the preparation of oil and gas leases, operating agreements, farm-outs, drilling contracts, gas contracts, contracts covering the transfer of producing properties, transportation and processing agreements, title opinions, tax planning, petroleum storage and transportation facilities, sale of fuels and lubricants and environmental services pertaining thereto
- Legal advice, negotiation and transactional services related to the acquisition and sale of companies involved in the foregoing activities
Jonathan T. Bickham
Peter G. Nemeth
Charles D. Maynard, Jr.
Elizabeth (Liz) Webb