Healthcare law is a continuously changing landscape. If you are struggling to keep up with healthcare regulatory, compliance, litigation and transactions matters, our experienced attorneys can help.
Crain Caton & James represents healthcare providers and facilities in litigation and regulatory matters, including contract disputes, healthcare compliance, malpractice defense, and federal and state regulatory and administrative proceedings. These proceedings include cases before the State Office of Administrative Hearings and federal Departmental Appeals Board involving sanctions, civil money penalties, Medicare/Medicaid payor program reimbursement disputes and other adverse actions brought by state and federal agencies, false claims act investigations by the OIG/DOJ and whistleblower cases.
Our Houston health law attorneys routinely advise medical professionals and healthcare providers on corporate and partnership issues, regulatory issues, employment issues, health care compliance, patient/resident care policies and practices, tax issues, real estate and financial transactions such as:
- Office leasing, subleasing and space licensing
- Long-term care facility development, construction, leasing, acquisitions, divestitures, operations transfers, ownership formation, investment, licensing and certification, and participation by long-term care providers (e.g., nursing facilities) in the THHSC Quality Improvement and Performance Program (QIPP)
- Ancillary health care services and products agreements
- Investment in health care facilities
- State and federal regulations that affect healthcare entities, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and compliance with Medicare and Medicaid program participation requirements, including quality of care, patient rights, peer review, reimbursement, fraud and abuse, Stark laws, anti-kickback, risk management and compliance programs
Michael D. Seale