Crain Caton & James provides a full service real estate practice that works in a responsive manner to get deals done and resolve real property issues.
Our real estate attorneys’ extensive education, training and experience allows us to provide exceptional service to our clients.
Our clients include a broad array of developers, lenders, investors, landlords, tenants, various local, national and international businesses, individuals and trusts. We collaborate with other Crain Caton & James lawyers who have expertise in bankruptcy, workouts, corporate finance, environmental law, franchising, entity formation, litigation and tax, enabling us to respond to nearly any client real estate situation that may arise.
We provide a complete range of services to assist clients from basic day-to-day legal matters, to the most complex and sophisticated transactions. Our group’s significant experience includes:
- Acquisition/Sale: Negotiating and drafting of the contract and closing documents and closing the transaction including exchange transactions
- Construction: Negotiating and drafting of contracts with architects, consultants, engineers, homebuilders and contractors
- Due Diligence: Review of title commitments and underlying title documents, surveys, agreements, leases, environmental inspections and reports
- Land Use: Representation of developers and homebuilders in all aspects of land use issues including condominium, planned unit developments and subdivisions
- Leasing: Representation of landlords and tenants in negotiating leases and resolving lease disputes
- Lending: Negotiating and drafting of loan documents for lenders and borrowers ranging from small commercial loans to large real estate and asset-based loans
- Miscellaneous Agreements: Negotiating and drafting of various types of easement agreements, restrictive covenants and licenses
- Ownership Planning: Counseling clients on formation and structuring of various types of ownership entities for tax planning and liability concerns including corporations, limited partnerships and limited liability companies